Monday, July 29, 2013

Ready,Get set,Go

Alright,I am back.

Is it possible to start losing weight after giving birth?

What if I am breastfeeding?

When can I start exercising again?

My answer is yes you can start losing your extra weight.But you don't have to go overboard and start exercising like crazy.Immediately after birth,your body is not yet ready to handle a lot of physical stress on top of what you are already having.

Take it slow,take plenty of rest and give your body time to heal.

Meanwhile,make small changes to your diet.Like give up those sweets or half-pint ice-cream habits you got used to while pregnant.

Let us clean up your diet little by little.Sorry mom,the all-you-can-eat-whenever-you-want party is over.
Replace any junk food habits you acquired during pregnancy now.Include vegetables and protein in your diet.Drink lots of liquids.Get sleep whenever you can.

The world can wait.

Immediately after delivery,I asked my husband and friends whom I trust to bring me only healthy low carb fare.Like salmon,grilled chicken and shrimp,plenty of colorful veggie casseroles,broccoli cheddar soup(from Costco) and unsweetened oatmeal porridge.I satisfied my sweet cravings with whole ricotta cheese which has plenty of protein and calcium and is very filling.I also snacked on almonds.
Oh and did I mention all those foods are lactogenic except shrimp.

And you will be losing some water weight in the first few weeks.So you don't want to neutralize that loss by gaining more weight.It takes about 6-10 weeks to lose all the water weight.And it will be usually 15-30 pounds depending on how much you gained.The rest is going to come off slower,so brace yourself for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment